Somewhat OT - Demo RAD tool for the Mac

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Tue Jan 21 05:53:03 EST 2003

On Dienstag, Jänner 21, 2003, at 10:44  Uhr, William T. Simmons wrote:

> Somewhat OT - Demo RAD tool for the Mac
>
> To all those who responded as quoted below, thanks! However, screen
> capture
> is not the problem (I've got SnapzPro X and love it), but rather
> taking the
> captures and building a Flash movie that also shows interpolated mouse
> movements and clicks, basically, a software video camera that outputs
> to SWF
> format. Someone mentioned (off-list) Adobe's LiveMotion as a great
> media
> import and SWF building tool for the Mac, but it doesn't offer
> integrated
> screen capturing. I guess I'm looking for a dedicated tool that does
> it all:
> screen captures, frame modifications and effects, and SWF generation.
> Any
> ideas along those lines?

Lol to some answers before...
I dont know this Robocop..?
But... I think I know what you are looking for.
So the answer to your question "is there such a tool for the Mac" is:
yes and no.
No, because its Win only *at the moment*.
Yes, because the Mac version will come out soon, when Sun declares Java
1.4 as final. What happened, if I remember well some days ago. (There
was a Mac version of release 1 but this was based on Java - not so
good...Then they have changed to swf file format)
Therefore the solution is imho: www.qarbon.com/
A great tool! You can do real authoring, capturing screenshots and
combine with other multimedia elements, linking and more and save it
finally as a sfw file.

As I said, I dont know this robo... (if you have an URL Ill have a
look) but what I have seen from qarbon viewlets: Thats the tool! If you
look for a professional (crossplatform) solution (Linux and Solaris
will come too) ... And it must not be ready tomorrow for the Mac...
(there will be light version too)
And: Its fascinatingly easy to use... (I hearded they have a Mac
background);)

And... yes you can "embed" this viewlet-files in rev as a QT element
I have tested it... (And I m still hoping that rev will sometimes
support swf files without QT)

Maybe an not so expensive alternative could be SnapzPro X + eZedia MX +
Qt Pro.
Now with Qt 6 the difference in filesize between mov and swf files is
not so big like in older Qt versions..

Hope that helps...

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©

INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539