Somewhat OT - Demo RAD tool for the Mac

cassj cassj at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 20 22:05:01 EST 2003

Judy-

Pardon me for butting in...

In Mac OS 9:  	apple-shift-3 (no cursor change):  takes PICT snapshot
of the entire screen
			apple-shift-4 (cursor changes to cross-hair):  takes PICT snapshot
of selected area of the  screen
			apple-shift-4-capslock: (cursor changes to bulls-eye):  takes PICT
snapshot of just the Finder window clicked on.

In Mac OS X:  	apple-shift-3 (no cursor change):  takes PDF snapshot of
the entire screen
			apple-shift-4 (cursor changes to cross-hair):  takes PDF snapshot of
selected area of the  screen
			It appears that the "capslock" window capture feature is gone in Mac
OS X.

Snapz-Pro (http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/) is great for
this kind of thing.
You can even grab MOVies of your Desktop antics.

Regards,
Cassj  :-)