Can I embed PDF driver in a Rev stack built for distribution?

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Mon Jan 20 10:59:01 EST 2003

On Sunday, January 19, 2003, at 12:24  AM, Ken Ray wrote:

> I haven't, but you could take a look at GhostScript
> (www.ghostscript.com);
> they have APIs for Perl, and the code is under GNU license, so it
> should be
> possible.

Or PDFlib http://www.pdflib.com/ for a commercial product. However,
either PDFlib or Ghostscript would require a lot of scripting and
possibly of creating externals. Not the same as just "print to pdf"
like you can do on OS X.

Another way to approach it would be to make your customers on Windows
to buy Adobe Acrobat, then they will have the PDF Writer printer
driver, and they can print anything to pdf.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com