ResEdit BNDL vs RR2.0/OS 10.2.3

Robert Presender rpresender at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 19 12:43:01 EST 2003

Hi Dar and Mark,
Thank you for your reply to my problem.  I think that I am getting
closer but still have questions.
I installed the OS X Dev Tools and am making some headway.  Mark, your
video was very helpful.  Please excuse my ignorance in this matter.

On Saturday, January 18, 2003, at 02:47  PM, Mark Talluto wrote:

> On Saturday, January 18, 2003, at 09:53 AM, Dar Scott wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, January 18, 2003, at 10:13 AM, Robert Presender wrote:
>>
>>> As much detail as possible to enable me to create what is necessary,
>>> so that a standalone will have a custom icon, etc.,  will be
>>> appreciated.
>>
>> You may want to explore some .app files.  They are really folders and
>> you can open them with "Show package contents".  This may give you
>> some clues.

Can you point me to a .app file and where do I enter "Show package
contents".  This is new to me.

>> When 2.0 comes, the standalones it creates will look
>> familiar.

Will I still be faced with this problem or will 2.0 provide steps in
the bldr to solve my current problem?

>> Dar Scott
>

> I made a QT video that shows the editing of the packages.  While it
> does not have any audio, it will give you an idea of how it works.  You
> can view it at:
> http://www.clearsoftware.com/iconmovie.mov

Thanks Mark.  Still digesting the info.  Can you clue me in how to
create  Pkg info and info.plist
I down loaded Math generator and thought that I would get more info
thru ResEdit but discovered that there are no resource forks.

> Best regards,
> Mark Talluto

Thanks again gentlemen.

Regards ... Bob