PlayStopped message

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jan 18 14:46:01 EST 2003

From: "Jez" <jbradshaw at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> PlayStopped is also fired when you set the filename of the player to a new
> file (resulting in an infinite loop), and when the stack is closed, though
> intruigingly is NOT fired when you invoke a "stop player" command! How can I
> safely capture the end of a song being played ?

It seems there are lots of ways to handle this. Here is what I did in
one stack:

   lock messages
   set the filename of player 1 to theFilePath
   unlock messages

The "lock messages" command stops any associated messages from being
sent, including "playstopped", and has the advantage of not requiring
any conditional checks.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com