Stack/Card height

Mark Swindell mdswindell at charter.net
Fri Jan 17 02:06:02 EST 2003

Sarah,
Thanks, yes you were right, of course, but it wasn't acting predictably for
what I expected.  It was the bottom of the stack was being truncated, not
the top, and it wouldn't retain its stack height no matter what I set it to.
I had plenty of real estate up top to play with.

I still don't really understand why things were as they were, but the
complication appeared to be that I had two menus in the stack... one
imbedded in a larger group. I removed the first of the two completely (it
was a group on cd 1 not associated with any other group) and then took the
other one out of the larger group to which it belonged, and which was on cd
2 through the last card.

I then went back in and manually pasted that menu group onto each individual
card. This group refused to appear in either of the "place" options,
application builder OR place in the menu bar, though the menu manager saw
it, and the cd objects palette saw it. I don't get that either.

At any rate, the stack now behaves as I thought it should, and the 22 pixels
are robbed from the top of the screen and life is good (or at least better).
:)

Thanks for your help.
Mark