Argh! where have all my stacks gone?

DVGlasgow at aol.com DVGlasgow at aol.com
Fri Jan 17 00:50:01 EST 2003

In a message dated 17/1/03 1:25:56 AM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com writes:

<< Are you logged in as the right user?  Are you sitting down in front of
the right computer?  Did you plug in the right firewire drive?

Dar Scott >>

I swear to God, the stacks disappeared in front of my eyes.  I was sick in
bed, making most of the time and tapping away on my Tibook.  So now I sit
here at 5.25 am downloading recovery software (thanks for the suggestion,
Christian) and writing a script to extract scripts from a standalone.

Chipp describes the recipe precisely.  I built to a folder and then moved the
standalone to another folder containing the media and another stack.  The
empty folder created by the standalone builder was left in the Rev folder.
The only difference is this was on 9.2 - so it looks like it can happen on
Mac and Windows.

And Arthur Evans you are right - and normally I *do* keep a complete copy of
everything on a Lacie drive, and another on a 'server' (actually a semi
retired 266 in the basement).  But my Tibook isn't on the Airport network,
and I was in bed poorly, and.......(sob)

Best wishes,

David Glasgow
Home/ forensic assessments --> <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/dvglasgow/">
DVGlasgow </A>