Sharing field text

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jan 15 13:59:01 EST 2003

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:40:20 -0700 Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:

>Only groups can be shared controls.  Try this.  Put the field in a
>group.  Place the group on several cards.  That's a technical word,
>"place"; use place in the menu.  Confirm the "share text" checkbox.
>Enter some text.  I think it will show up on all cards.  Most
>parameters will be the same on cards; it is the same field control.
>The position will have to be the same on all cards.

Thanks - it worked! I am not sure if I could have deduced this from
the documentation, but anyhow I didn't. Of course if I had wanted
just the one field, I could still have grouped it with a harmless grc
behind the field or something like that, so the need for the shared
object to be a group is by no means a show-stopper.

Thanks again

Graham