Passing Lists

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Jan 15 13:17:01 EST 2003

Hi All,

Today's mystery:

Simple stack: one field of text, "Text", and one button "Set Style".

on mouseUp
   ask "What style?"
   put it into theStyle
   set the textStyle of char 20 to 40 of field "Text" to theStyle
end mouseUp

All is well so long as the style is a single item (eg: "plain",
"italic", "box", etc.), BUT try "bold,condense" or any combination of
multiple styles and nothing happens.  If I run the script in the
debugger, I get "Margin is not an integer".

Who wants to be Sherlock of the Day?

PS: I tried bold,condense and "bold,condense" with the same result.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company