Sharing field text

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jan 15 10:25:06 EST 2003

As usual, a dumb question: how can I share a field with many cards so
that the text in the field only has to be altered by a script
changing one of the cards to make the altered text turn up in all of
them? I thought the 'share text on each card' checkbox in the
Properties Palette would do it, but it doesn't. I guess I am looking
for 'true' background behaviour, but I am not concerned with groups
here.

Or is it just impossible - of course I can achieve the same result by
scripting, but that seems wasteful.

TIA

Graham