NEW Image Thumbnail Preview Control...

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Jan 13 13:33:01 EST 2003

miscdas,

Actually the stack is just a demonstration of the control. To really use it
in your project, you need to copy the control to your stack, then set the
correct properties.

The SetLoc button is just a demonstration on how to use the 'altThumbLoc'
property for setting the location of the control. The same is true with the
file details, look at the script of the Broswe Folders buttons to see that
it's just getting the 'altImageFile' property and putting it in the field
below. IOW, the filepath fld below the control is NOT part of the control.
You can do anything you want with it. Check out the script of the SetLoc
button, but don't look too closely, I'm just using a "repeat until
mouseclick()" script which is *not* the way to handle dragging things around
the screen....I'm just too lazy to do the whole on mouseMove thing---it's
just a demo:-)

One of best, not well documented features about it, is the img "altThumbImg"
and it's properties and control. You can copy only this image to your stack,
and anytime you set the "altImageFile" property to a valid image type and
filepath, it automatically scales it using the correct proportions.

-Chipp