Advice on Registration Approaches

Igor de Oliveira Couto info at pixelmedia.com.au
Sun Jan 12 17:59:00 EST 2003

Dear Revolutionaries,

Having reached a certain stage in the design process of my apps, I am
starting to realise that I will have to choose a consistent method of
registration for my users - which I hope I should be able to use for
all apps I produce in the future.

Being totally inexperienced in this area, I was wondering whether some
of you seasoned commercial developers could share some of your
experiences and approaches to handling user registration - and avoiding
piracy to some degree...

What methods of registration have you tried? Were there procedures that
'seemed sound' in the drawing board, but that proved to be
cumbersome/costly/annoying to the user, and therefore are best avoided?
Are there any registration methods that are particularly suited to
Revolution apps?

Are there any 3rd-party products/programming libraries/externals that
truly help?

Many thanks in advance for your information and advice!

Kind Regards,
--
Igor de Oliveira Couto
igor at pixelmedia.com.au