"/" in menuItem

Brad Allen BradAllen at mac.com
Sun Jan 12 15:34:00 EST 2003

>J. dV. wrote:
>
>>>Double the slash:
>Foo//Bar
>will show up in the menu as "Foo/Bar".<<
>
>Thank you, Jeanne.  I have tried this, but I still get something other
>than what I expect.  I should mention that I am using an "Option Menu"
>button, where "Foo//Bar" shows up as "Foo//Bar      [commandKey
>symbol]/".  Right now I am using "3\4" instead of "3/4", so it's not an
>absolute necessity, but I'm wondering why the behavior is not as
>expected (Mac OS X).
>Thanks, Kurt

I'm seeing similar problems with a Popup menu button, using Rev
1.1.1r2, but it appears to be dependent on the global property
lookandfeel. When the lookandfeel is set to "Appearance Manager", it
works as documented, but when the lookandfeel is set to "Macintosh",
a slash is treated as a literal character.

This looks like a bug in the Macintosh lookandfeel implementation
under Mac OS X, which is the one we're supposed to be using, last I
checked since the "Appearance Manager" lookandfeel is related to a
crash under OS 10.2.