How Can I Change The Ids of Grouped Controls?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Jan 11 12:08:00 EST 2003

On Saturday, January 11, 2003, at 09:08 AM, Rob Cozens wrote:

> I realized that, since the group is designed to be pasted in
> Developers' stacks, the id of every control in the group (as well as
> the Id of the group itself) must fall within the range of icon Ids
> assigned to Serendipity Software by MetaCard Corp. to ensure against
> conflict with the Ids of Developers' controls.

My understanding is that IDs are intended to be unique within a stack.

 From the TD (under ID):

     An object that is created by copying and pasting,
     or with the copy command, is assigned a new ID.

Also,

     For all objects, the ID is guaranteed to be unique
     within a stack.

So...

Just by using the group, the developer is assigning new IDs.  I don't
understand what the problem is.  Am I missing something.

I understand there can be a problem with buttons using images, but I
don't see how that applies.

Dar Scott