Any MacWorld Attendees On This List

Klaus Major k_major at os.surf2000.de
Fri Jan 10 14:13:01 EST 2003

Hi Judy,

> Amen! Lingo is just plain ugly by comparison.

Right, and that's even flattered.

> I suspect you may be right about Macromedia's committment to Director
> as
> well:
>
> (1) Look how long it took them to get out an OSX version.

> (2) Look at how much the two product lines of Flash and Director seem
> becoming either redundancy or merging into a single product.

This is what i think, too.

In the not to distant future there will be only one product, like Dash
or Flirector :-)

> The movie metaphor just doesn't work for me in making what essentially
> are
> applications...

These other apps are unbeatable when it comes to animation.
That's what they were developed for. And nothing else.

Director begun as a cell-animation tool !

And the scripting was added at least one or two versions later.

If you want some real applications, MC/RR is the only choice.

> Judy

Have nice weekend.

Regards

Klaus Major