putting away plugins

Steve Messimer steve at messimercomputing.com
Fri Jan 10 13:15:03 EST 2003

Hi

I am creating an application that uses a plugin. I want to restrict the use
of the plug-in to the application that accompanies it.  Uses by other rev
Stacks would not be allowed. The first part of this (determining under what
conditions the plugin will launch) I know how to do.  The problem I am
having is that if I launch a plug-in I can't abort the launch if certain
conditions aren't met.

I have tried this code in both preOpenStack and openStack handlers located
in the plug-in.

# when certain conditions are met ... do this code
# "thePlugin" here is a stack in the rev plugins folder
close stack "thePlugin"
set the destroyStack of stack "thePlugin" to true
exit to top

This doesn't work. What it does do is remove the stack from the Application
overview window and allow the stack window to be shown.  This is bad form
for lots of reasons I won't get into here.

Ideally what I want is the plugin to abort its launch and not be shown in
either the application overview window or on the desktop. I still want it
visible in the plugins menu.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve