reference another stack

John Cuccio jcuccio at pacbell.net
Fri Jan 10 03:57:01 EST 2003

I have a rev program running on one mac. I will call this the server. I have
another program running on another mac, I will call this remote, that make
reference calls to a stack on the server.

The remote program I am using the stackfile property to place the name of
the stack. Every thing works fine. When I add a card on the server mac. If I
call the stack from the remote it does not see the new card. Unless I
restart the program on the remote. I know this has something to do with that
rev loads the stack into memory. But why is this happening. If I makes calls
from the server mac to the stack it see the updates why doesn't the remote
see it. The only difference in my code is the location of the stack.