Opening Windows-made stack on a Mac

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Thu Jan 9 02:18:01 EST 2003

>> I've created a stack using the Windows version of Rev
>> and I would like to build a Mac app with this stack.
>> Since these choices are disabled in the Windows "Build
>> Distribution" dialogs, I'm assuming that you can't
>> build a Mac app using the Windows version of
>> Revolution....
>>
>> So, I uploaded this stack to Yahoo's Briefcase area,
>> and downloaded to this file to my Mac at work. I've
>> downloaded and am running the Mac version on this work
>> computer, but it dosn't recognize the stack "xxx.rev"
>> file.

Everyone (with dog) has answered Shawn's second question, about opening
the Windows file on a Mac. However, shouldn't Rev have built a Mac App
in Windows anyway? Repeating from his paragraph 1 above:
>> "...and I would like to build a Mac app with this stack.
>> Since these choices are disabled in the Windows "Build
>> Distribution" dialogs, I'm assuming that you can't...""

I don't use Windows to build, so I can not check, but RR _advertises_
itself as building from any of its platforms to any other, and I can
infer from the list that it happens, so what happened to Shawn in the
first place...?

regards
David