Thumbnail of JPEG's photos

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Wed Jan 8 23:14:01 EST 2003

So...is this necessary to scroll a set of thumbnail photos?
(see more to the question below the Re)

> Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 18:59:21 +0100
> From: yves COPPE <yvescoppe at skynet.be>
> Subject: Re: Thumbnail of JPEG's photos

>> This is proven to work where you want to view them vertically
>> (vertical scroll), and you have the folder path in a variable and
>> the list of files in another field..
>>
>> put into the field in advance the number like this:
>>
>> 1
>> 2
>> 3
>> 4
>> etc. (up to a very high number... higher than you would ever use)
>> turn the foreground color to white (the number disappear.. then do this:
>>

>> global gCurrentFolder
>> on mouseUp
>> set the lockscreen to true
>>
>> repeat for each line x in fld "imageField" ## could be just "the files"
>> put offset (x,fld "imageField") & cr after tCharLocations
>> end repeat
-----------snip
Let me explain what I want to do:

This is a landscape stack. There are various areas of the property which
have differing care needs and schedules, plus tree and bush identifiers. I
have an aerial photo mapped into areas, but also ground shots which are
thumbnails of subareas. I want to mount them on the screen so that, like
yves' solution, I can scroll through about 40 or so of them, with, say, 5 or
so visible at any one time.

The aerial photo map will be divided into sections, so that clicking in a
section (the clickable irregular shape thing will be needed here) causes the
thumbnail, umm, list, to autoscroll directly to the associated thumbnail
ground shots, _or_, you can just scroll through all the thumbnails
independently.

I'm also experimenting with some unique hiliting options, like lightening
the object, so the user is more easily aware of the selection before
clicking.

Landscaping is mostly (but not all, by any means) about visual effect, so I
want a major part of the front end UI to be like a visual index.

Thanks for ideas in advance,
Ken N.