Opening Windows-made stack on a Mac

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Jan 8 17:50:01 EST 2003

The Mac uses file types & creator types to tell the Finder which
application to use for which type of document file. These are not
present on a document created in Windows, so the association is not
made automatically. There are several ways around this:

- Open Rev & see if you can open your file from the Open menu.
- Open Rev & drop the file on the Rev application icon (in the Dock or
the Finder).
- Download my "Rev Droplet File Type Converter" from the User
contributions section of the RunRev website.

- OS 9/8 only: go to the PC Exchange control panel and set it so that
any file ending in .rev is associated with Revolution.
- OS X only: control-click on the file and choose the Rev app from the
"Open with..." menu item. This allows you to set all .rev files to be
opened into Rev.

Cheers,
Sarah