text encoding q, problems with networked folder and IDE

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Jan 7 16:33:00 EST 2003

On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 12:44 PM, Alex Rice wrote:

> 1) The stack grew from 1.6 MB to 2.2 MB. Why?

This is the 800K of slow bytes needed for the 20-minute save.

> 2) Every save takes around 20 (twenty) minutes! This is 100MB ethernet
> and copying the 2MB file is instantaneous. Saves on the Mac Rev 1.1.1
> take < 1 sec. Then I copied the stack over to the windows box and
> saving in there from the Windows Rev 1.1.1 also takes < 1 sec. Does
> Rev have problems working from a networked directory?

OK.  I'll be more serious.  I'm doing the same thing and I don't have a
problem.  It is so fast, I keep checking whether I'm in the right
folder.

I'm using the built-in home-directory sharing that comes with Jag.  I
think I upgraded to 10.2.3 before doing this.  Oh, wait.  This is an
alpha copy of Revolution, so judge accordingly.

Dar Scott