Irregular-shaped buttons?

Klaus Major k_major at os.surf2000.de
Tue Jan 7 13:01:01 EST 2003

Hi Judy,

> Hi,
> Now a new question:  How can one create irregularly-shaped buttons?  I
> recall there was a HC stack years ago that would allow one to create
> irregularly-shaped buttons..
>
> Why do I want this?

No need to justify yourself.

We don't suppose that you do something with (whatever shaped) buttons
that is either immoral, illegal or fattening :-D

> Another user wanted an example quiz stack which used,
> for example, a map of the US & its states; the idea is that the user
> would
> be prompted to click on a particular state.  States not being
> particularly
> regularly-shaped things, I immediately ran into trouble!
>
> Perhaps there's some good way to do this?

Since every object/control can be scripted to act like a "button",
i would suggest to use graphics/polygons for a chep-o solution
or images for a better looking solution.

Try not to think in terms of "buttons", if you need something that
is not "rectangular" (with or without round edges...) ;-)

> TIA,
>
> Judy

Regards

Klaus Major