FTP Time/Date

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Tue Jan 7 05:31:01 EST 2003

At 4:35 pm -0500 6/1/03, Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com wrote:
>The following is a FTP dir listing retrieved from a Win-NT FTP site using
>Rev1.1.1. I noticed this anomaly as I was parsing out the Time... The
>"Year" is where Time usually is. Why are the returned results inconsistent?
>Is there another way to get time/date of remote files with Rev?
>
>------ 1 owner group  742052 Jan  3 18:54 3814N_X12515_067.TIF
>------ 1 owner group 5318364 Jan  5  0:53 3814N_X76004_067.TIF
>------ 1 owner group 1816538 Oct  3  2002 BLACKWOOD_X12345.TIF
>d----- 1 owner group       0 Oct  8  2002 MaxTone
>------ 1 owner group   66482 Oct 22  2002 STAMPS_QA_K.TIF
>d----- 1 owner group       0 Nov 24  2002 To Archive

I think you'll find this to be consistently inconsistent. :) For
example, I see similar results with the ls command from the terminal
in Mac OS X. My guess is that the year is displayed when it isn't the
current year, and the time when it is the current year. Perhaps one
of the Unix experts can confirm or otherwise.

Cheers
Dave