performing date calcs

Steve Messimer steve at messimercomputing.com
Mon Jan 6 12:43:01 EST 2003

on 1/6/03 12:01 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com at
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> search the index for "convert".
>
> You can convert one or more dates to "dateitems" or
> "the seconds" (or more...) and do some calculation then...
>
> Hope that helps.
>

> Regards
>
> Klaus Major

Klaus,

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I found the convert function shortly after I
sent the query to the list.  I will post my solution for those who are
interested.  Here it is...

if the startDate of me <> empty then
    # figure out days since start and update it
    convert the startDate of me to seconds -- startDate is a stack level
customProp loaded at some date in the past.
    put it into A
    convert the date to seconds -- todays date
    put it into B
    put B - A into tempSecs -- solution in secs
    set the daysElapsed of me to tempSecs/86400 -- convert to days, this
does the calc and places the days elapsed into the custom prop.
else
end if

Later

Steve