Internationalisation

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon Jan 6 11:10:01 EST 2003

>I use label icons instead of fields
>
>is "label icon" a RR expression describing an icon?
>
>or a description of the use?

Just my generic term, erik.  Igor's original question mentioned
setting the text of label fields.  I was pointing out that I use
buttons with icons as labels instead of fields.

For example, one might have a screen like:

     "Name:" [label field]         Joan Jones  [data field]
     "Address:" [label field]      1234 5th Street [data field]
                                   Anytown, AnyState AnyPostalCode [data field]
     "Telephone #:" [label field]  (707) 555-1212  [data field]

In Oenolog, the label field, "Name", is replaced by an icon of a
person, the label field, "Address", is replaced by an icon of a mail
box, and label field, "Telephone #" is replaced by an icon of a
telephone.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company