can't tab

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 5 17:18:01 EST 2003

--- Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, January 5, 2003, at 01:32 PM, Dar Scott
> wrote:
>
> > I have a field that does not tab.
> >
> > It is in a group and I made sure that
> tabGroupBehavior is false for
> > that group.  The tab stop is nonzero.  I have
> looked over every
> > property on the field and behavior tabs and don't
> see anything that
> > can affect it.
>
> Here is a clue.  The left-arrow and right-arrow do
> not move among the
> characters.  At first they hopped from field to
> field.  That stopped
> when I set the traversalOn of the group to false.

And there's your problem, Dar: traversalOn.
Make a simple field (non-grouped) and set its
traversalOn to false. Now you can't type in it, not
even copy it's contents -- which you can if you turn
on both the traversalOn and the lockText.
I think turning the traversalOn of the group off, just
turned it off for the entire group, and so you can
neither 'tab' into it nor add data.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====