Get File Owner

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Sun Jan 5 16:26:01 EST 2003

Ken,

For the past 8 years our department has used DEC OpenVMS servers for file
storage/processing. Next month, we are up/down-grading to Windows 2000
servers. In VMS, I could run simple commands like "DIR
/date=modified/owner" to get a directory listing of the current folder with
as little or as much detail as I wanted. VMS, like unix is multi-user, and
we took advantage of this for tracking employee errors. Without the ability
in the OS to get this info from the files themselves, there will be finger
pointing, lying and cheating about who really screwed up. I would rather
have the system report the truth. These are not MS Office documents, but I
would like to know what you figured out. These files are proprietory
graphics files for printing... completely non-standard stuff. Thanks for
any ideas you can contribute.

Roger Eller
roger.e.eller at sealedair.com