Internationalisation

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sun Jan 5 11:00:48 EST 2003

>Where I'm getting confused is with the 'normal' (ie, NOT custom)
>properties - ie, the names/labels of buttons, or text of label
>fields. What do we do with these?

Igor, et al:

The handlers I posted show you how I deal with most of these.  The
examples don't include setting text of label fields because I don't
have any: I use label icons instead of fields.  I think this enhances
the internationalisation of my apps, and eliminates dealing with the
issue of whether the label field is wide enough to display the text
an any language (especially helpful for column headings on tabular
screens).
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company