Best way to stop an event sequence

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Jan 4 00:10:00 EST 2003

I have some CD's that use the "bad" technique "repeat until the mouse
is down" to "stop" a show (variety of sequenced events) and allow the
user to proceed to the next card... a "skip intro" strategy.  I really
didn't know what I was doing and just "made it work" (nearly three
years ago now...) But sometimes I get really weird behavior from
that....

Anyway, would like to start fresh:

Assume on the title card of an interactive presentation, the open stack
handler triggers a "runsShow' handler that initiates a variety of
events/sequences, Title Text moves in, images start appearing, fading,
start a music player, credits are rolling in a field, very wide images
in the back are moving slowly left to right etc. some of these are done
with repeat loops and some with "send in"  and there are some "wait"
built in and you want the user to be able to just stop all that.. and
go to the next card which is static. What is the best technique for
this kind of thing? I think the repeat loops are the biggest problem
with my old way of doing it.

Hope that is not too vague.. a general example of "the best way" would
suffice.
Thanks!

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications