Application Icons

Klaus Major k_major at os.surf2000.de
Fri Jan 3 14:17:14 EST 2003

Hi Shawn,

> When building a distribution app, I would like to
> specify an application icon. I can see how to browse
> and select an icon file in the "Build Distribution"
> dialogs. What I'm not sure about, though, is how I
> might create an icon file in the first place. Any
> suggestions are appreaciated.

take look at this:

http://www.html-helper.com./viewapp.asp?program=iconstud

Although it has one of the most embarrassing icons i have ever seen,
this icon-editor works fine ;-)

And it is totally free !!!

You just have to fill a form to get an acvtivation code.
I did and had NO spam-mails after that...

The most important facts for creating a RR compatible icon:

32*32 pixel
16 colors (4 bit)
(Unfortunataly the most ugly 16 colors from the windows
system-color-palette...
I hope that will be changed in one of the future versions !)

That will result in the necessary 744 byte filesize !

Hope that helps...

> Shawn Rampy
> rampy_ms at yahoo.com

Regards