String Width, Charts

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 1 02:47:01 EST 2003

--- JamesHBeckmann at aol.com wrote:
> I used an external by Rinaldi (strwidth) to find the
> pixel distance of a
> string which then could be "centered" in a fld (not
> changing the alignment
> property of the field).
> Is there such a thing in Rev?
> Rinadli's CHARTOID provided quick, on the fly graphs
> to be generated (with
> many options) - is this still doable in standalones?
>
> Jim

Hi Jim,

For your first question, have a look in the Transcript
dictionary at the 'formattedWidth' entry.
As for CHARTOID: it probably won't work, as MetaCard
and RunRev only support HyperCard 1.x externals. If
I'm not mistaking, there's a scripted graph object in
the 'User Contributions' seciton of the RunRev
website.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====