Stopping a button's action

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Fri Feb 28 06:01:01 EST 2003

On Friday, Feb 28, 2003, at 20:22 Australia/Sydney, Scott Raney
<raney at metacard.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>
>> Anyone have an efficient way of implementing a Cancel button from
>> within a
>> loop?
>
> You can use "wait for messages" to do this:
snip

Scott, sorry, I don't get this. From the TD it looks as though a "wait
for messages" in (or outside) the loop will halt that handler, whereas
putting it in the Cancel button handler seems...pointless. What is it
you actually have in mind please, or does the doco mis-describe the
operation?

In any case, should not this be handled by "send in time" as the
effective looping device, to allow other messages to intrude on the
queue? Of course, that does not work as expected either, as I (and Dar
as I recall) wrote in some correspondence a couple of months ago.

thanks
David