Linux Requirements?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Feb 27 14:27:01 EST 2003

On Thursday, February 27, 2003, at 11:36 AM, Alex Rice wrote:

> I have to put in a cheer for VMWare.

I have to say that VMware was my second choice.  (That may sound weird
since I only considered the two, but I hope it conveys my feeling.)  I
like the flexibility for serial I/O and networking in VMWare, but the
networking implementation is intrusive.

What tipped the balance was that VMWare added some SMB confusion and my
OS X 10.1.? was not able to handle SMB from VMWare hosts.  For all I
know OS X and/or VMWare have improved making this no longer a problem.

Dar Scott