Opening a file

tkuypers at pandora.be tkuypers at pandora.be
Mon Feb 24 13:08:20 EST 2003

Hi gang...

Maybe someone can give me a clue, because I am stuck...

We developed a Windows FileMaker application which has 5 versions running in
various countries, using the runtime engine of FileMaker.
Now we need to run a FileMaker file to make sure the upgrade to version 6
goes ok.
The FileMaker file we are running is a runtime file as well and is during
installation of the new version, placed in the same folder as the old
version.

So I built an application which checks the old version of the FileMaker
application and selects the correct upgrader file.
When using the Launch command, the old version is launched, not the file I
want, so I used the Schell command. Problem solved!

Too bad, problem NOT solved, the shell command doesn¹t work on systems
running Windows 98 :-((

Can anybody give me a clue where to search? How do I open a file, not caring
which application has to be used without using the Shell-command?

Many thanks in advance,

Ton Kuypers