pathway

yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Sun Feb 23 10:41:01 EST 2003

>Hi Yves,
>
>IIRC, RunRev only has problems with long filenames,
>not long paths. Try to find out what the correct
>pathname would be by using the following script.
>
>on mouseUp
>   answer file "Find the file with the long pathname"
>   if the result is "Cancel" then exit mouseUp
>   else put it into fld "ThePath"
>   answer line 1 of URL ("file:"&it)
>end mouseUp
>
>That should bring you closer to understanding what's
>going on, and how you can perhaps work around it.
>
>Hope this helped,
>
>Jan Schenkel.

I'm very disturbed, because your script here above runs well
the mine not
If I add in my script :

  if there is a file filePath then
     put URL ("file:"&filePath) into myTx
   else
     answer "No such a file"
     exit to top
   end if

If the folder which contains the text file has a short name, it runs well
but if the folder has a long name, I get my answer "No such a file"

but if I use your script on the same file text, it runs without problem.

I will check what happens in my script with the debugger...
Thank you for the tip...
--
Greetings.

Yves COPPE