Rough day on the Revolution front

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Thu Feb 20 04:40:01 EST 2003

**********
> Subject: Re: Rough day on the Revolution front
> Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:09:45 -0500
> From: Howard Bornstein <bornstein at designeq.com>

> I haven't done extensive testing, but my feel at this point is that Rev
> 2.0 is much more stable in this regard. I've seen some of the bugs that
> are still in it, but not this periodic, inexplicable, decent into
> insanity that Rev 1.1.1 seems to exhibit. I could be wrong, but I'm
> hoping this kind of experience will soon be a thing of the past.
----------
Thanks for the Re Howard,

Well, it's not out of beta yet, is it? I'm like you, I hope the final
shipping version is stable.

One of the things I've noticed is that it's fairly viscious when it comes to
memory on a Mac. You're much better off if you don't run other programs
while working in the IDE. Also, I wish I'd been paying more attention to
whoever said they have a timer plugin that autosaves a copy of the current
iteration of whatever they're working on every so often.

Anyone know where that plugin is?

Thanks much,
Ken N.