Why... is the selected text deselected?

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Thu Feb 20 04:23:00 EST 2003

**********
> Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 19:46:23 -0700
> Subject: Re: Why... is the selected text deselected?
> From: Alex Rice <alrice at arcplanning.com>

> That's just it- the field is only intended to be on the first card.
> Second card has other stuff on it. I guess I wasn't being clear about
> that. thanks,
----------
Oh. I don't see how that can be if it's sharedText is true and grouped with
backgroundBehavior set to true. If it is, then it runs in the background
mode like HyperCard, meaning it should be on every card of that background
group.

If you actually don't want to see it on other cards, then hide it until you
get back to the card on which you want to see it and show it there. It
should display with the selection still on.

In fact, if you leave it selected, you should be able to _close_ the stack
and reopen it and it should _still_ be selected. Somewhere I have stacks
with 17 autoSelect, sharedText fields, and all of them will still show their
last selected lines until I deliberately deselect them. You can select
anything else, anywhere else, and it shouldn't deselect a shared text
background field (well, a grouped field with background behavior on).

Is this making any sense?

Ken N.