Rough day on the Revolution front

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Wed Feb 19 23:14:01 EST 2003

>Has anyone else encountered these kinds of problems?

Hi Ken,

I've occasionally had days like this with Rev. It's always a mystery to
me because it's well-behaved most of the time. Then suddenly, it's like
its alter-ego appears and everything goes wrong. I know the signs however
and when I seem them I don't attempt to continue working. My best advice
in these cases is to quit Rev and reboot the computer. Usually, things
work better then.

I haven't done extensive testing, but my feel at this point is that Rev
2.0 is much more stable in this regard. I've seen some of the bugs that
are still in it, but not this periodic, inexplicable, decent into
insanity that Rev 1.1.1 seems to exhibit. I could be wrong, but I'm
hoping this kind of experience will soon be a thing of the past.

Regards,

Howard Bornstein