Rough day on the Revolution front

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Wed Feb 19 13:19:01 EST 2003

Hello list,

I had a terrible day with Rev yesterday:

1) When I put away a dialog, the Tool Palette would disappear with it, most
of the time, but not _every_ time (inconsistent).

2) I lost 3 images and 1 button.

3) 5 other buttons got displaced halfway across the screen in the same row
just by selecting them with the arrow cursor.

4) Many dialogs would display at first with twisted images, then straighten
themselves out. Often the dialogs would not follow the selected button,
i.e., show a dialog for another button, even though the button was clearly
selected.

5) The Application Overview palette would not go away, i.e., I clicked the
corner button to put it away, and it would disappear for a second, then come
right back, 4 or 5 times in succession before it finally stayed gone.
However, when I quit Rev, and other windows went away, it was still there
behind everything else, the last one to finally disappear. On reopening Rev
later, it showed up again, the first window to show up IIRC.

6) Pulldown menus (menubar position) wouldn't stick the first click, only on
the second click. Sometimes when scrolling down the list, something would
select itself when I stopped _without_ clicking the mouse.

7) The Rev application quit 4 times with a type 2 error.

I think I can attribute some of these things to a dirty or worn mouse, but
others, like the quitting thing, can't be attributed to that.

Rev always takes about 4 minutes to completely shut down and even then,
other apps have to spend quite bit of time fighting their way in to get
enough memory to function.

Has anyone else encountered these kinds of problems? Is my Rev app
corrupted?

Any advice welcomed, on or off list.

Ken N.