Referenced icon images

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Feb 17 16:08:01 EST 2003

Ken Norris (dialup) wrote:

> What should I do with the referenced images?
> If I clear them, are the button icons supposed to remain?

Button icons use image IDs.  The contents of an image can be either imported
in advance or on-the-fly by reference.

If you delete the images, the icon IDs the buttons use will refer to objects
that no longer exist, and the buttons will not be able to display their
icons.

Hiding the images works well enough.  If you have a lot of these and want to
keep them tidy you may consider adding a substack and put all your image
resources there.  For most of my apps I import commonly-used images into a
window named <appName>rsrc (e.g., "WebMergeRSRC").

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation