Retaining/restoring text cursor

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Mon Feb 17 15:42:01 EST 2003

Back again,

In Rev as in HyperCard, clicking operations outside a field can cause the
blinking cursor to quit.

In my stack, I use the "type" command to simulate keyboard typing into a
field.

In HC we can use various handler devices surrounding the selectedChunk
feature to restore the blinking cursor to its previous position, but it is
either complicated because you must deal with it in every handler that types
things into the field where we expect them to go, or put it in an idle
handler.

I know there ar a number of things in Rev that support better solutions than
idle handlers. I've searched the docs and don't see anything, but I'm
wondering if this problem has been dealt with as a feature of Rev.

IOW, is there a better way to handle cursor restoration in a field?

TIA,
Ken N.