Relative File Name

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Sat Feb 15 14:46:01 EST 2003

You can do exactly what you describe -- refer to the image as
"images/image1.gif" There's no setup required.

The drawback is that the default path to start from is the application,
so during development you would need to have the images folder in the
same folder as the Revolution application, _not_ the same folder as the
stack is in (unless the stack is in the same folder as the Revolution
app, of course).

When you build a standalone, move the images folder into the same
folder as the standalone.

regards,

Geoff

On Saturday, February 15, 2003, at 08:48 AM, Scott Slaugh wrote:

> I have a stack with several images in it that I would like to store in
> an external file.  Instead of having the filename of of the images
> then point to the exact location of a file, I would like to have them
> point just to a folder and the image name.  For example, if I have a
> folder called images, I want to be able to set the filename to
> "images/image1.gif," rather than something like
> "c:\program\images\image1.gif."  Is there any way to do this?
>
> Scott Slaugh

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com