background image disappears when printing to PDF

Ray Bennett smilingeyes at mac.com
Wed Feb 12 22:10:01 EST 2003

Dear List - Sorry to be a pest.

I have an image control with an imported (vice linked) image.  This
control was pasted into the background of a card.  This background
occurs on 15 cards.  The image is pretty small (175x175).

When I use the Print Dialog to create a PDF of the stack, everything
works except that where the image control should be, the actual image
doesn't appear.  What _does_ appear is a 175x175 swatch of the
background image contained on the first card of the stack (where the
call to "print" the cards was made from).

This was actually in Rev Classic 1.1.1 running under 9.2.2. within the
OS 10.2.3 environment.

The print script is below.
Thanks in advance.

Ray

(sorry for the length of the script snippit)
<--begin script-->
  sort lines of theList ascending numeric by word 1 of each
   if the optionkey is down then
     open printing with dialog
   else
     open printing
   end if
   lock screen
   put false into lastPassFlag
   repeat with i = 1 to the number of lines in theList
     if i = the number of lines in theList then
       put true into lastPassFlag
     end if
     set the cursor to busy
     --
     put line i of theList into cardName
     -- SIXTEEN and THIRTYTWOs
     if the backgroundNames of card cardName contains "16" OR \
         the backgroundNames of card cardName contains "32" then
       if pagesToPrint = 2 then
         push card
         go card cardName
         send "printThisCard false,2" to this card
         pop card
       else
         push card
         go card cardName
         set the visible of scrollbar "rbscrollbar" to false
         send "print32ChampBracket" to this card
         set the visible of scrollbar "rbscrollbar" to true
         if not(lastPassFlag) then
           --don't do this the last time, or we get a blank page
           print break
         end if
         pop card
       end if
     else
       print card cardName of this stack into the rect of fld
"printpreview2" of card 1 of this stack
       if not(lastPassFlag) then
         --don't do this the last time, or we get a blank page
         print break
       end if
     end if
   end repeat