Revolution and ActiveWire, MacBrick etc

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Feb 11 17:39:20 EST 2003

After a quick look at the relevant web sites, ActiveWire seems to be
Windows oriented while MacBrick (obviously enough) is designed for the
Mac. MacBrick has a USB version but it just uses serial comms and the
manual provides the syntax for it's commands & responses. I have used
Rev to interface with custom built controllers using USB to serial
adapters. Under OS 9 this works fine, you just have to open the
"modem:" or "printer:" port, then you can send the relevant commands to
the device and read back it's answers. The Serial Test stack I posted
to the User Contributions area can do this.

Hopefully when Rev 2 comes out, it will also be able to perform this
type of serial communications.

Cheers,
Sarah