Multi-user stacks on servers?

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Tue Feb 11 16:47:01 EST 2003

You don't want to run a single copy of a Rev stack by multiple users on
a server. Each use would be able to open it and save to it but their
version would overwrite any changes others have made. This would not be
good.

However, you should be able to have a server Rev application which
talks to Rev client apps via IP. The client apps would be able to get
and send information to the server app. It would be the responsibility
of the server app to keep everything separate and organized and to
provide feedback to other clients when there is a change on the server.
This is exactly what a data base server does.

A good example of this is Tuviah's demo chat program which has the
clients talking to the server.

Bill Vlahos