Configuration Management of built apps

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Mon Feb 10 19:29:01 EST 2003

On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 05:03  PM, Monte Goulding wrote:
> I've started putting together requirements for a fairly comprehensive
> Project Manager for rev I just need the time/funding to put in
> together.
>
> Anyway I'm interested to know what your thoughts are about
> requirements for
> such an animal.

Once worked with IBM Visual Age for Java. Other than being slow and
using a monstrous amount of RAM, it was a pretty cool IDE. Every
resource in the project was version controlled, automatically. No
messing with CVS or anything. So in the course of developing your
project, it would create a Library with the entire history of changes
documented and you could revert or visit snapshots at any step of the
way. This type of functionality, and also a nice "diff" viewer for
scripts would definitely get my $.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com