T-shirt design competition

Heather Williams heather at runrev.com
Mon Feb 10 07:42:00 EST 2003

Greetings, all.

Not for the first time, it has been suggested that we sell Rev
merchandising, through the CafePress site. While this is a good idea, the
bottleneck has been getting a suitable design to upload. We are reluctant to
take any graphic design staff off working on 2.0 in order to create
T-shirts. So... I hereby declare the design competition to create the
ultimate Runrev T-shirt open. Ideally, we're looking for a design that can
be used on T-shirts, mugs, caps, whatever you all want to buy.

Some rudimentary rules:

You must send your design to me, heather at runrev.com, NOT to this list. Any
attachments sent to this list will be automatically disqualified, since I
will not get them.

We need the design to arrive in a format that can be directly uploaded to
cafepress. You can check out their requirements and some excellent image
advice here:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/images.aspx

Whilst, obviously, we do have the equipment and expertise to render your
images into the right format, it would mean taking time from our work on
2.0.

The deadline is Mon, February the 24th. That gives you two weeks. If you
think this isn't going to be long enough, let me know.

Feel free to incorporate the Runrev logo in your design.

When I have all the eligible entries, I will upload them and post a url for
you to view them. Voting will then commence on the entries, and the most
popular one will win. Note, the entries will go through preliminary
screening by the Runrev team, and any we really think are unsuitable will be
discarded before I post the url.

If you are about to email me a bitmap attachment or some such file that is
over 5mb, please, please, email me first.

And the prize....

What? You want something more than the honour and privilege of winning and
seeing your design worn by all your noble colleagues? Oh, all right then.

A free renewal of your Revolution license when it falls due, or a free Small
Business Edition if you don't already have a license, plus one free t-shirt.

Have fun!

Regards,

Heather
--