Groups and clone buttons

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Sun Feb 9 23:00:01 EST 2003

Hello,

I got my two images grouped with background behavior. Then I created two
like buttons to where the handler shows the part of the group I needed. Many
thanks to Jan for the help...it's hard to fathom how much time that saved.

Next, I actually cut those two test transparent buttons and pasted them into
the first image group as part of the group. That means the same group that
has the UP state image owns the buttons, too.

Did I do that right?

I'm thinking maybe not, because I will eventually have at least 5 keyboard
designs all based on the same button set (the first three are done). Each
will have two associated images like the Simulator, i.e., UP and DOWN.

The current keyboard Simulator images are imported. My question is: Where
are these images stored in Rev?

Suppose I give them the three sets I've already designed, but offer the
other two as extras later on. I'd like some opinions on the best way to
implement this in Rev.

Second subject is cloning buttons (or any object for that matter) as a
group. I can do it by hand, but I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to
create a small IDE to do these things, or if someone has already done it.

Also, since so much of the HC stack should be rewritten for Rev, only the
display images and buttons (scripts involve lots of TTS, etc. and won't
work) are valid. How can I import just the background button set to the Rev
stack for placement purposes?

Thanks in advance,
Ken N.