Norton Internet Security (NIS) and Post command failure

Richard K. Herz herz at ucsd.edu
Fri Feb 7 20:50:06 EST 2003

Good news.  Norton Internet Security 2002 (NIS) now seems to work OK with
the latest version of MetaCard (2.5 Beta 4) under Win XP Pro with the latest
XP service pack installed (posted sometime between Tuesday night and this
morning, Friday).  I just reinstalled NIS today to do this testing and so
can't tell you at what MC version or XP service pack that things started
working.  Disclaimer: I'm not an expert on these matters and there are so
many combinations of settings, many of which I haven't tried, that "seems to
work" is the best I can say.

Rich Herz

> Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 00:55:04 +1000
> Subject: Re: Norton Internet Security (NIS) and Post command failure
> From: "valetia at mac.com" <valetia at mac.com>
> To: <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> Hi Tariel,
>
> Can you confirm that this happens *also* with Revolution standalones, or
> does it just happen with MC?
>
> Also, does it only affect POST commands, or also GET?
>
> Valetia
>

> > From: Tariel Gogoberidze <PMDA at earthlink.net>
> > Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 00:22:58 -0500
> > To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
> > Subject: Norton Internet Security (NIS) and Post command failure
> >

> > This problem was already mentioned either on this or MC list by Rich
Herz