using Rev for multimedia (was re: digest)

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Fri Feb 7 09:52:03 EST 2003

On 7/2/03 1:55 pm, Bradley Borch <brad at activadesign.com> wrote:

>> What sort of mixed results did you get?
>
> I did another test last night. I've got a flash file exported to QT
> with buttons that show/hide elements of a scrolling animation, and
> another slider button that controls the playing of the animation. Rev
> 1.1 is VERY slow recognizing the button presses (up to several seconds
> to respond to mouse down or up), both in authoring and in the
> executable on the Mac, but it does recognize them. Rev 2 beta is quite
> responsive (as responsive as QuickTIme player) in authoring. Didn't try
> in an executable or on the PC. I'll continue testing.
>
> If Rev is able to support QT and I can use some relatively tricky
> animations (replicating movie clips for animated text, etc.) then I'd
> have the best of all worlds -- an elegant development tool and
> sophisticated animation capabilities. Is there anybody else out there
> thinking along these lines and using Rev in this way?

And if you can't use Rev for that, particularly if you have any problems
with 2.0, let me know.  The sooner we hear about any problems the better,
there is still time to fix problems in features we have included in 2.0!

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.